AVA Community - RPG Maker VX & Ace Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome        IRC IRC  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
kzar
Aloha good AVA members. Vote_lcapAloha good AVA members. Voting_barAloha good AVA members. Vote_rcap 
A.v.a.
Aloha good AVA members. Vote_lcapAloha good AVA members. Voting_barAloha good AVA members. Vote_rcap 
LadyLeilani
BlackMuffin
Kalez
Dan
xShaddy
Hero
Kaptain J
Amycha
Latest topics
» ASTM A6 A6M
Aloha good AVA members. Emptyby haralav Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:36 am

» Powered By SMF 2.0 Free Boxing Workout Routine
Aloha good AVA members. Emptyby haralav Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:35 am

» Inazuma Eleven Strikers PC.rar.rar
Aloha good AVA members. Emptyby haralav Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:21 pm

» Codigo Alimentario EspaNol Y Disposiciones Complementarias 6 Ed .
Aloha good AVA members. Emptyby haralav Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:40 pm

» Shinwa Ep 1 : The Sacred Stone Kibo
Aloha good AVA members. Emptyby hkoz Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:45 am

Affiliates

-----

-----
free forum

Aloha good AVA members.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

Title : Around the World
Skill : Writer

Aloha good AVA members. Empty
PostSubject: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm hoping it's okay to even post an introduction, being that the forum doesn't have links pointing to it yet.

I saw it as a banner on Ookie's link in rpgmaker.net, one of the few sites I lurk around in from time to time, and decided to join a new community in which I tell myself I'll finally post something. I looked it up in a search engine and here I am.

To those curious about this long-time lurker; I am originally from Hawaii, but I've never stayed in one place very long thanks to my parent's jobs. Besides the US, I've taken temporary residency in the UK, and have visited Korea multiple times; specifically Seoul and Incheon, South Korea. Currently I've taken roots in the US again, living with my long-time best friend.

As far as my history with RPG Maker goes...I haven't really made anything, instead when I had 2003 I was just absorbed in creating enemies/testing battles, which I would test out with my best friend. So if I know anything, it's how to make balanced battles. I obtained RPG Maker VX back in 2008, but I still have yet to really make anything. That changes today Cool

I'm trying to take the spriting mantle, but it's my first time doing so; here's an example of the sprites I have made:
Aloha good AVA members. 14lkjth
The sprites and the style are being used in my first ever project, which I am co-creating with someone I know in real life. I'm debating whether or not to make tiles, or just edit them from existing ones.

I hope that the community will attract many members. I'll be doing my part, and will release my style of sprites once I become better in that respective field.
Back to top Go down
Kalez
Admin
Kalez
Admin

Title : Thief of Failures
Skill : Jack of All

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:37 am

Well, glad you finally stepped out of the shadows, and glad you decided to do it here Very Happy

Yes, its ok. Were still setting up a little bit, but it is public and ready to go otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://rmcollective.wordpress.com
Kyriaki
Admin
Kyriaki
Admin

Skill : General Hobbyist

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Hehe, you sound just like me from the lurking to the long term love affair with RPG Maker that ultimately goes nowhere. Laughing

I must say your spriting style is very adorable and unique, it would be nice to see a matching tileset, no pressure though!

Anyway, welcome to the community, it is always nice to see people who can appreciate a new start.
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Thank you very much for the welcomes Very Happy

I'll probably make custom tiles, only because I have so many things I want to make that aren't available in the sizes I need. They won't be very detailed compared to the RTP, but I've been going for a certain SNES style for my game.

I can't wait to showcase it in the future, however that won't be for who knows how long since I am still largely in the planning stages.

This community is just starting out, but I already feel like I'll like it here in time; if you need any help with anything let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sorido-kun
Sorido-kun

Title : Knight of TypoKingdom
Skill : General Hobbyist

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:20 am

Bonjour, Miss! Cool Cool Smile
Back to top Go down
A.v.a.
Founder
A.v.a.
Founder

Title : Assistant for VX and Ace
Skill : Game Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:58 am

You are here just in time~ We're all here and active, and trying to spread the word. Smile
Thank you so much for putting the effort into looking for this forum. I figured most people would be put off by not having a direct link. c:
Back to top Go down
https://ava-community.forumotion.com
Kaptain J
Admin
Kaptain J
Admin

Title : Bring Back Toonami!
Skill : Jack of All

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Well it's nice to know you chose this humble community to come out of your shell in. Welcome to the forums, little Lady Wink

Honestly, I quite envy you for living in so many different places. Furthest places I've ever gone to were the states neighboring my own :/

And don't think too much about not really making anything; since starting with VX in '09, I haven't even gotten around to making a decent demo Razz

And that changes today for me as well. Well, today meaning the near future.

Those sprites actually aren't too bad. They feel very retro. I like retro.
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:11 pm

I figured it's too early to already have a farewell topic, but I'm just posting to let people know that I won't be around for about three days.

I'm going to Hilo (in Hawaii) to attend a family reunion there. Oh the look on their faces when they find out I'm not in the east anymore! :^_^:
Back to top Go down
kzar
kzar

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:11 am

Have fun Lady! Bring me back a hot Hawiian chick please? Lol
Back to top Go down
A.v.a.
Founder
A.v.a.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:30 am

Have fun! You could have made a farewell topic, or you could change the title of this one so people know it's a different subject.. :O
Have fun! Family stuff isn't always fun but they are important. :yes:
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 am

I'm back~

@kzar
I'm sorry, but apparently it's against the rules to smuggle someone in one of your bags...I know, right? Messed up.

@A.v.a.
I figure since the community is still pretty quaint that this post would do. Everyone can afford to check everything if they desire, but next time I'll make another post. I just thought it'd be a bit early for a farewell topic lol

Back to top Go down
kzar
kzar

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:31 am

You tried! For me? That's good enough for me! :DDD welcome back Lady. Was it fun?
Back to top Go down
A.v.a.
Founder
A.v.a.
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 am

Welcome back! You were very missed! <3
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:04 am

It was loads of fun; got to see some people I haven't taken a gander at in five years.

Thanks for the welcomes! Now...back to endless spriting ^_^
Back to top Go down
kzar
kzar

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Speaking of spriting, can you send me your male template again? I seem to have lost it :S
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 am

Certainly; I'll post both male/female for others to see/use if they so desire.

Male:
Aloha good AVA members. 2v00nxd

Female:
Aloha good AVA members. Izrczb
Back to top Go down
kzar
kzar

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 am

Thankies! I'll work on a sprite with them after I make some last minute changes to Legend of a Dude when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aloha good AVA members.   Aloha good AVA members. Empty

Back to top Go down

Aloha good AVA members.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AVA Community - RPG Maker VX & Ace Forums :: Community Central :: Introductions and Farewells-