AVA Community - RPG Maker VX & Ace Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome        IRC IRC  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
kzar
Keys of Ura Vote_lcapKeys of Ura Voting_barKeys of Ura Vote_rcap 
A.v.a.
LadyLeilani
BlackMuffin
Kalez
Dan
xShaddy
Hero
Kaptain J
Amycha
Latest topics
» ASTM A6 A6M
Keys of Ura Emptyby haralav Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:36 am

» Powered By SMF 2.0 Free Boxing Workout Routine
Keys of Ura Emptyby haralav Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:35 am

» Inazuma Eleven Strikers PC.rar.rar
Keys of Ura Emptyby haralav Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:21 pm

» Codigo Alimentario EspaNol Y Disposiciones Complementarias 6 Ed .
Keys of Ura Emptyby haralav Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:40 pm

» Shinwa Ep 1 : The Sacred Stone Kibo
Keys of Ura Emptyby hkoz Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:45 am

Affiliates

-----

-----
free forum

Keys of Ura

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

Title : Around the World
Skill : Writer

Keys of Ura Empty
PostSubject: Keys of Ura   Keys of Ura EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:09 am

Keys of Ura

So my friend is coming up with her character's backstories/themes/prologue events in the project I'm making with her, and her birthday is coming up, so I decided to put both excuses together to make my own game in that timeframe! It's my first solo project and I will be working to get a sizable demo out in the middle of July, so don't expect too many flashy things. Although, the game is going to be pretty ambitious on its own.

Story:

The story follows a young woman named Krecia Gale; the main character just getting out of College, who now takes care of her little sister. During her new role she moves back to the small town she grew up in, complete with dyed hair and a new attitude. Although she wants to move away, she'll soon be stuck there for an unidentified amount of time; being given yet another responsibility. Every now and then she will experience the town as it was only in her oldest nightmares. An alternate plane of existence where creatures roam free and doors sprout up where the people used to be.

Does this mean her nightmares weren't exactly nightmares? What is this alternate dimension, and how will she be thrown into conflict with it? Can she balance being given the gift to open these doors and taking care of a little girl? All that and more await in the journey to protect herself, and her little sister from The Phange, viruses that infect the human heart to perform deep sins.

Playable Characters:

Keys of Ura Kreciaforumface
Krecia Gale:
The heroine of our story. She is given one half of the Key by an old man named Aaron Brady, who can traverse the dimensions at will. When she can form her piece with the other, she too will be able to do the same. Krecia moved away from her parents as soon as possible, not enjoying her time there, but with them passed away; she has the obligation to take care of the younger sister she never got to know. Has a very high spiritual sense, which is the reasoning behind her discomfort at her hometown. She's kind and considerate, but only visibly so to those who show the same compassion. Krecia's a self-trained boxer which she uses as a relaxation tool.

Keys of Ura Harleyforumface
Harley Dishler:
The quiet, withdrawn young man who is under Aaron's tutelage, and the one with the second half of the key. When able to get out on his own he buckled under the weight of his past and the reality in front of him, which caused a complete emotional break. His mentor picked him up at his lowest and trained him ever since. Has trouble showing emotions he doesn't even believe he has.

Features:

Dungeon Crawling with an actual character driven storyline.
Make friends with all the townspeople and gain access to their hearts, every single person is a dungeon!
Hermetics give the player a limited skill-pool that can be obtained through enemy extraction.
The ability to extract skills, items, and money from the Phange.
Tough battles that are unforgiving to those without a good strategy.
No grinding needed, but those who do will still receive a challenge.
No random encounters.
Uhh...does the MC being female count?

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Credits:

Tiles Done By:
Myself
Enterbrain
Pixel Art World at http://yms.main.jp/

Faces Done By:
WarrenLouw

Sprites Done By:
Myself (All the characters/townspeople)
Koemushi (Sprite Template)

Since my friend's Bday is in the beginning of July, expect a demo by the 15th of that month. All I know is that the dungeon gen with edits will be my friend, helping me making all the dungeons for the townspeople. ^_^

Last edited by LadyLeilani on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlackMuffin
BlackMuffin

Title : 私は日本語を話せません。

Keys of Ura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys of Ura   Keys of Ura EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:46 pm

This looks really amazing (particularly the character portraits). I can't say I like the modern setting, but the story itself kind of drives away from that; the alternate dimension you're talking about sounds pretty freaking creepy, like the Twilight Zone.

However, you mentioned using the Dungeon Generator for the townspeople dungeons; did they actually make that reliable in Ace, or is it just as bad as the VX one?
Back to top Go down
kzar
kzar

Keys of Ura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys of Ura   Keys of Ura EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:19 am

I'm prety sure its the same as VX. I used it once and I still got the crappy results. Good thing is that it comes with some sample maps you can just plug in. They're quite a bit better than anything I could make on my own xD
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

Keys of Ura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys of Ura   Keys of Ura EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:01 am

That's where the editing part comes in Muffin, but yes the dungeon gen is pretty much the same.

I will end up making about 40 or so dungeons before the demo comes out and I have a deadline which is my friend's birthday. I want the dungeons to have the same type of style (pathways leading to chambers) but to leave them bare would just be ugly, so I've got quite a bit of things to give each different pathway to people's hearts a different style.
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

Keys of Ura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys of Ura   Keys of Ura EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:40 am

Just a small update; most of my graphic work is done, but my computer's been on the fritz lately, so I'll have to push the date back a bit to the end of next month.

To show more than just a few lines of text here's a sprite montage that shows about the third of the sprites used for the game:

Keys of Ura Charactermontage
Back to top Go down
kzar
kzar

Keys of Ura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys of Ura   Keys of Ura EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:46 am

Those sprites look really nice, Lady =D I like how almost all the graphics are all yours. This game could easily go commercial (unlike mine which has a ton of stuff that isn't mine) lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keys of Ura Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys of Ura   Keys of Ura Empty

Back to top Go down

Keys of Ura

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AVA Community - RPG Maker VX & Ace Forums :: RPG Maker VX ACE :: VX Ace Game Design-