AVA Community - RPG Maker VX & Ace Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome        IRC IRC  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
kzar
Temple of Slendermen Vote_lcapTemple of Slendermen Voting_barTemple of Slendermen Vote_rcap 
A.v.a.
Temple of Slendermen Vote_lcapTemple of Slendermen Voting_barTemple of Slendermen Vote_rcap 
LadyLeilani
BlackMuffin
Kalez
Dan
xShaddy
Hero
Kaptain J
Amycha
Latest topics
» ASTM A6 A6M
Temple of Slendermen Emptyby haralav Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:36 am

» Powered By SMF 2.0 Free Boxing Workout Routine
Temple of Slendermen Emptyby haralav Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:35 am

» Inazuma Eleven Strikers PC.rar.rar
Temple of Slendermen Emptyby haralav Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:21 pm

» Codigo Alimentario EspaNol Y Disposiciones Complementarias 6 Ed .
Temple of Slendermen Emptyby haralav Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:40 pm

» Shinwa Ep 1 : The Sacred Stone Kibo
Temple of Slendermen Emptyby hkoz Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:45 am

Affiliates

-----

-----
free forum

Temple of Slendermen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlackMuffin
BlackMuffin

Title : 私は日本語を話せません。
Skill : Writer

Temple of Slendermen Empty
PostSubject: Temple of Slendermen   Temple of Slendermen EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:33 am

Everything seems to be fine now. Thanks!

Introduction/World
I'm a huge fan of Frictional. I think the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent is amazing and the whole general idea of horror stories is something that not everyone can deal with or write. Since I have a (relatively) twisted mind, I decided to make this game. Read on to find out what it's about.

The time is 1941, when Hitler is storming through Europe during the Holocaust. We are in the Amazon Jungle, where mosquitoes and snakes thrive, and the weak are doomed to die. Civilization has had almost no impact onto this area of the world. The world is still in strong belief that magic and witchcraft no longer have any impact on modern society. There is no such thing as monsters.

The world is as presented, with no supernatural entities, no God, no nothing.

Or so it seems...

Story
You play as Dr. Wilmington, the archaeologist who is out to prove the existence of the fabled "Temple of Slendermen", an ancient temple built far away from the humans by an unknown empire. Why was it created so far away from civilization, though? Why was it built in the first place? These are questions you also want to answer. As you arrive at the temple, though, your two loyal friends and assistants are brutally murdered by a black tentacled figure who calls himself 'Joseph'. You escape into the temple to continue to find answers, avenge your friends, and escape from the forest. Answers you find, but the answers are truly scarring and life-changing. You will travel into the bowels of the Temple and gain information never meant for humans, solve puzzles, and uncover the fate of a group of French monks who also traveled into the Temple.

Are you ready?

Characters
I'm working on getting some of the sprites to work here on this topic. Most of them work on VX.net.

Temple of Slendermen Drwilmington Dr. Wilmington
Country of Origin: New York, USA
Bio: Main Protagonist of the Game. Dr. Adam Elsworth Wilmington learned about the Temple as he was gaining his Doctorate at Harvard, and was fascinated by it ever since. Once he learned enough information about it (including its location), he announced his expedition to the Temple. His idea was greeted with scorn and ridicule, and all of his colleagues laughed off his idea. Even after he earned his Doctorate, he was still laughed at by all of his co-graduates. Along with Stan and his childhood friend Jeffrey Heinkel, he set out to the Temple of Slendermen to prove its existence. Very serious, but easily tempted to believe lies and tends to assume too much. Gained a Ph.D in Archeology at Harvard College. He will have the tendency to change his mind and believe things that he did not believe before, and vice-versa.

You will need to direct him through the hellish dungeons and strange clockworks of the temple, unearthing the ancient secrets behind it and surviving all the dangers that find you. His survival depends entirely on you; choices and logic make the difference in this game.

Temple of Slendermen Joseph Joseph
Country of Origin: ???
Bio: Antagonist. "Guards" the temple, but seems to have a strange tendency to brutally kill anyone who comes near the temple. He has a great deal of knowledge about Dr. Wilmington, but does not reveal why. At times you will meet him during the game; at times because of the story, and at other times it will be through a trap.

Joseph is actually a Slenderman, and has a very deep and dark story surrounding him. You will learn his true identity as you travel deeper into the temple... and it might (actually, it will) just surprise you.

Temple of Slendermen Stan2Stan
Country of Origin: London, England
Bio: Stan was picked up off the streets by Dr. Wilmington when he was only five years old. Tired and hungry, he was left by his mother for no discernable reason to fend for himself. One day, when Dr. Wilmington was on a research trip in London, he stumbled upon Stan rummaging through trash to find something to eat. Having pity for the boy, he offered him a place to stay and some food. He accepted, although it took him a while to trust the Doctor.
When it was finally time for Dr. Wilmington to leave London a month after he had found Stan, Stan refused to leave Dr. Wilmington. Therefore, he gave Stan education and discovered the amazing intellectual and logical talents of the boy. Before long, Stan was the Doctor's personal assistant.
Unfortunately, he is murdered in the incident involving Joseph, but never truly leaves the story. You will find him popping up every once in a while to support Dr. Wilmington as he is traveling deeper into the temple.

Gameplay & Design
This is a slow-paced horror survival game made with the idea of eventually making it have your skin crawling, but not with you losing control of your bowels. I decided to make this game using most of the RTP and without battles, since I tend not to like customizing the engine too much. I started this game with the idea of making it more and more like a Horror-Survival, eventually removing the "Skill", "Status", and "Equip" tabs.

Screenshots

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Demo
None yet, and I'm not sure when I'll release it.

Future of the Game
In the final release, the game will be exactly as I want it; a compelling Horror-Survival story with hints of Detective and Puzzle games. Until that happens, though, I still have to edit the core principles of the game, as it is still InDev; when it becomes a Tech Demo, I'll release the T-D for public testing, editing it until it becomes Alpha. Once this happens, I will remove the demo and keep it removed until it becomes in Beta, where I will publicly release it again until the final release, which should be end of next year (2013) max if I don't procrastinate too much.

I have every intention of finishing this game, which I promise to do. If I don't, feel free to ridicule me.

Support Bar
No need for that yet. ;3

Credits
Me- Story, Mapping, Game Design

RPGVX.net
The Sarcastic Champion- Soundtrack
Lunaera- Jungle Tiles

Last edited by BlackMuffin on Mon May 21, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LadyLeilani
LadyLeilani

Title : Around the World

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Slendermen   Temple of Slendermen EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Logical choices? Sign me up!

And intelligence breeds insanity, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
I'll be looking forward to see what kind of horror you can come up on a RM game. You could say that I'm a horror buff, so if you want some new eyes to test the nature of your horror on I'm your girl.

Obviously not until you have much to showcase though ^_^

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BlackMuffin
BlackMuffin

Title : 私は日本語を話せません。

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Slendermen   Temple of Slendermen EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah, I'm working on the showcasing. Don't worry it'll be up when I find the patience to deal with it (soon).

And thanks for offering the help, but I think I've got everything I need. For the moment, anyway. OwO

EDIT: Done now, pictures should be fine now.
Back to top Go down
xShaddy
xShaddy

Title : Interior Crocodile Alliga
Skill : Mapper

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Slendermen   Temple of Slendermen EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm

SLENDERMAN? As ones in custom made legend of slenderman who takes away children? O.o

WELL, the game got me right when i saw Slenderman in title ~~ Looks promising, btw Joseph, dont rlly get that guy, is he related to Dr. W. Or not?
Back to top Go down
Amycha
Amycha

Title : Miaf?!
Skill : General Hobbyist

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Slendermen   Temple of Slendermen EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 am

I get a creeped out feeling from looking at your screenshots!!
Keep me updated bounce

I want demoooooooooo!!!

Also, Imma google what a slenderman is scratch
Back to top Go down
http://unikornproductions.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Slendermen   Temple of Slendermen Empty

Back to top Go down

Temple of Slendermen

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1